What is the BHP file?
The full name of the files that use BHP extension is bhp Survey Tool and was developed by AppSmiths. BHP files are supported by software applications available for devices running Windows. BHP file belongs to the Various Files category just like 3591 other filename extensions listed in our database. This software was developed by AppSmiths, and on its official website, you may find more information about BHP files.
BHP is one of the little Commodore 64 viruses. It is the first full-stealth file-infecting virus a difference mostly wrongly endorsed to the DOS Frodo virus.
How to open files with BHP extension?
Problems with accessing BHP may be due to various reasons. On the bright side, the most encountered issues pertaining to BHP Survey Tool Data files aren’t complex. In most cases, they can be addressed quickly and efficiently without having assistance from a specialist. We have prepared a listing of which will help you resolve your problems with BHP files.
Step 1. Get the BHP Survey Tool
The main and most frequent cause precluding users from opening BHP files is that no program that can handle BHP files is installed on the user’s system.
Step 2. Verify you have the latest version of BHP Survey Tool
You still cannot access BHP files although BHP Survey Tool is installed on your system? Assure yourself that the software is up to date. Sometimes software developers launch new formats in place of which already support along with newer versions of their applications.
Step 3. Set the default application to open BHP files to BHP Survey Tool
If the issue has not been solved in the previous step, you should associate BHP files with the latest version of the BHP Survey Tool you have installed on your device. This technique is pretty simple and varies a few across operating systems.
Change the default application in Windows
- Choose the Open with entry from the file menu accessed by right-mouse clicking on the BHP file
- Select Choose another app → More apps
- The last step is to select Look for another app on this PC option supply the directory path to the folder where BHP Survey Tool is installed. Now all that is left is to confirm your choice by selecting Always use this app to open BHP files and clicking OK.
Change the default application in Mac OS
- From the drop-down menu list, accessed by tapping the file with BHP file extension, choose Information
- Now Open the “Open with” section by tapping on its name
- choose the correct software and save your settings by tapping “Change all”
- If you followed the previous steps a message should appear: This change will be applied to all files with BHP extension. Next, click the Continue button to finalize the process.
Step 4. Verify that the BHP is not faulty
You closely followed the steps that are listed in points 1-3, but the problem is still present here? You should check whether the file is a proper BHP file. It is probable that the file is corrupted and thus cannot be accessed.
1. Check the BHP file for viruses or malware:-
If the file is infected, the malware that resides in the BHP file hinders attempts to open it. Scan the BHP file as well as your computer for malware or viruses. BHP file is infected with malware? Follow the steps suggested by your antivirus software.
2. Verify that the BHP file’s structure is intact:-
Did you receive the BHP file in question from a different person? Ask him/her to send it one more time. It is possible that the file has not been correctly copied to data storage and is incomplete and hence it cannot be opened. It could happen the download process of file with BHP extension was interrupted and the file data is defective. Download the file again from the same source.
3. Verify whether your account has administrative rights:-
There is a possibility of the file in question can only be accessed by the users with enough system privileges. Switch to an account that has required privileges and try opening the BHP Survey Tool Data file again.
4. Check whether your system can handle BHP Survey Tool:-
If the systems do not have enough resources to open BHP files, try closing all the current running applications and try it again.
5. Check whether you have the latest version of the operating system and drivers:-
often updated system, drivers, and programs keep your computer safe and secure. This may also prevent problems with BHP Survey Tool Data files.
Cannot open the file?
If you cannot open the BHP file on your computer – there may be several reasons. The first and most important reason (the most common) is the lack of suitable software that supports BHP among those that are installed on your device.
A very easy method to solve this problem is to find and download the correct application. The first part of the task has already been done – the software that is supporting the BHP file can be found in the table. Now just download and install the correct application.
Problems in opening BHP files
- Corruption of a BHP file which is being opened
- Incorrect links to the BHP file in registry entries.
- Accidental deletion of the description of the BHP from the Windows registry
- Incomplete installation of an application that supports the BHP format
- The BHP file which is being opened is infected with an undesirable malware.
- The computer does not have sufficient hardware resources to cope up with the opening of the BHP file.
- Drivers of equipment used by the computer to open a BHP file are out of date.