What is a PNG file
PNG file stands for Portable Graphics Format. it is the most frequently used image file format on the internet. This compression data file format was created to replace the GIF (Graphics Interchange Format). PNG file format is an open file format with no certain limitations for copyright. Like GIF images PNG files also can display the transparent backgrounds additionally PNG files also have 24-bit RGB color palettes and greyscale images. Mainly this file format was designed for transferring the images on the internet with the help of PaintShop Pro. These files have lots of editing effects with it. PNG files are generally used to store web graphics, digital photographs, etc.
The PNG file format was created in 1994 as of response to the limitations in GIF file formats which supported the limited number of colors and also included a patent license whereas GIF files only support the opaque and transparent pixels. PNG images can not be animated like the GIF file formats do but a similar file format which is.MNG file format can be animated.
Software that open PNG files
- file viewer Plus
- FastStone Image Viewer
- Other tools
Windows 10 by default uses the Photo Viewer program to open the PNG files as it comes pre-installed with Windows 10.
However, there are multiple ways for you to open or view the PNG files.
Also, you can automatically view the PNG files directly from the internet. Or by simply pressing Ctrl + O on the file will get open, or instead of this you can just easily drag and drop the file to get it open in your web browser.
How to open PNG file UniConverter
- Firstly launch the UniConverter software in the system.
- Add PNG files to it
- Preview the PNG image
How to open the PNG file in Mac
- Select the PNG file
- Use the Preview button to open the PNG file in Mac.
How to convert PNG file to JPEG file
- Click on “start | All Programs | Accessories | Paint” for opening the native windows paint program.
- Press the ctrl+O button
- Double click on the PNG file from the open dialog window
- Click on the blue “paint” from the drop-down menu of the toolbar
- Point to Save As and tap on “JPEG picture”
- Click on the “save “button for saving the picture in the JPEG file format but with the original name having the different file extension that is.JPG file extension.
How to convert an image to PNG file
There are two methods of doing this process.
Converting an image with windows
- Open the image that you want to convert in the PNG format.
- Click the file button and then select Open command under the drop-down menu.
- Browse your image for conversion and then click open command
- Once the file gets “open” click on the file and then on Save As command.
- Assure yourself that PNG is already selected from the drop-down list of file formats and then click on save button
Converting an image with Mac
- Open the image in preview by right-clicking on the file
- Then choose “open with” option and then the preview.
- In the preview section head to the file>export.
- Assure yourself that you have selected PNG as the file format
- Rename the file if you want to do it.
- Click on the Save button.
Converting an image online
- Firstly select the output format in which you wanted to get your image saved.
- Click on the button “select your image”
- Browse the image that you wish to convert and then click on the “open” button
- Now the last step is to get agree to their terms and conditions and then click the option of “convert this image”
- Then on the next page after the image has been uploaded and converted click on “download the image”
- The converted PNG file will be saved automatically in your browser’s download folder.
- That all now you have successfully converted an image to the PNG file format.