What is CHM file?
Files extended with the.CHM file extension are mainly related to the Microsoft help documentation files. This file extension used for Chameleon source font files and Chemdraw chemical structure files. As studied above, CHM files are known as help documents. They can contain text, pictures, graphics and can be viewable in any web browser.
How to open CHM files?
Like all other file formats, this file format also has the primary step to first do the double click on the file to open it if that does not work then you should proceed further trying up with different programs associated with opening this particular file. For example:-
- CHM Viewer
- Sumatra PDF
So moving ahead, let’s have a look at how to open CHM files on different platforms.
Open CHM file on Windows:
The software that opens the CHM file on windows easily is Easy 7-Zip, which was developed based on 7-Zip, a well known open-source file archiver. It works on 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP.
Working of Easy 7- Zip
- Free Download Easy 7- Zip software
- Install Easy 7- Zip
- Then open CHM with the Easy 7- Zip, click on the extract button to extract the CHM file.
- At the same time, right-click on the CHM file on Windows Explorer.
- And select the Extract files…, Extract Here, or Extract the folder to extract the data.
Open CHM files on Mac
To view your CHM file on Mac what you need to do is just install CHM viewer software, or you can also opt for other viewers like:-
- I CHM
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
B1 Free Archiver, free software to open the CHM file on Mac. It also works on platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android. B1 Free Archiver is compatible with the following operating systems
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
How to Convert CHM file into PDF?
Converting file by Help Explorer Viewer
- Click on the file menu and browse the data that you want to turn into a PDF
- After the file gets opened, scan the page that you need to convert and press the Print button.
- Then moving in the Printer’s window, choose the novaPDF as the Printer name.
- Tap on OK and then press OK again in the Save PDF File As window, and the page will convert.
Convert file By XCHM
- tap the file menu and then select the open command from the drop-down list to find the file and open it.
- Click on the file menu and then go to the Print page or tap directly on the Print button and then in print window choose nova PDF.
- Tap on the print button, and after selecting the saving actions, if required, tap the OK button to convert the file.
Convert file by Microsoft HTML Help Control
- Firstly you have to click on the CHM file to open it.
- Simply right click on the data, choose the open.
- Go to MS HTML Executable.
- Now press the Print button.
- Selected page or print the topic with all the subscripts included.
- Clicked on OK.
- In print, windows choose novaPDF for the Printer and then press OK.
- In the Save PDF File As window tap OK again, and the conversion process will get started.